Remote Job Training: Improve Your Hireability Without Going Back to School
Sites like Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, Skillshare, and Udemy all offer courses on a variety of topics, typically for a fraction of the cost of an in-person class. Previously an editor for The Muse, Alyse is proud to prove that yes, English majors can change the world. She calls many places home, including Illinois where she grew up and the small town of Hamilton where she attended Colgate University, but she was born to be a New Yorker.
What is the easiest certificate to get?
- First aid certifications.
- Project management certifications.
- Software certifications.
- Government certifications.
- Notary public certification.
- Forklift operator license.
- Computer programming certifications.
- Marketing certifications.
They offer free live streaming classes and affordable online classes in the above areas. If you create a free account, you also get access to their open lessons in their catalog! At the time of writing, they had over 1500+ curated classes, 650+ instructors, and 10+ million students. Luckily for everyone interested in learning online, numerous free courses are available, and you can count on ameliorating your skills regardless best courses for remote jobs of your budget. However, if you are after a learning program that offers certification after finalizing it, chances of finding a free course that fully suits you are pretty slim. We included web designing in this list because they’re almost similar and companies generally hire a single person for both of these jobs. This is one of the most trending and fair-paying jobs especially if you’re looking for a remote job.
As virtual teams become more common, both companies and employees should prepare themselves for the new era of work. Universal Class provides high-quality online courses to help their students learn practical skills to achieve their personal and career goals. The courses include lessons, assignments, exams, discussion boards, and progress assessments. Students can also earn CEUs and a certificate to verify their contact hours. Known as the World’s #1 Online Bootcamp, Simplilearn is a well-established online learning platform that hosts over 1,000 live classes every month.
They also have a library of 50+ courses in software development, IT ops, data, and more that you can take for free as long as you sign up for an account. It also offers a free assessment so that you can see where your technological skills stand. Head over to this page to check out their assessments and courses. Memrise is a language learning app that allows you to learn up to 22 languages using real-life language that will help you when traveling, moving abroad or even advancing your career. You can also delve into topics such as learning a new career like coding, arts and literature, maths and science, memory training and more on this platform. With more than 50 million people in 189 countries using the app to learn a new language and other skills, one can see that Memrise is enjoyable and effective. Harvard Extension School is a fully accredited Harvard School that focuses on online learning for students around the world.
Social Media Marketing/Management
There are many free courses, guides, e-books, and resources to help you take the guesswork out of this question. Generally speaking, it all depends on how fast and how efficient you implement the suggested strategies.
- I’m going to assume therefore you have at least basic computer skills.
- After years of dreaming about it, you’re ready to live a life of freedom and flexibility…
- When she’s not working on her UX writing course, you’ll find her nerding out over inclusive content.
- As for those who have set their heart on Web Design, Udemy also has a lot to offer to you.
- This completely depends on the time you invest in working on it.
Free courses that cover it all – from programming to game development. Also, BitDegree incorporated blockchain into their education process.
Organizing Your Remote Office for Maximum Productivity
I have a master’s degree in counseling psychology and have helped people overcome obstacles to achieve more fulfilling lives. I’m a digital nomad and personally understand what it takes to be a successful remote worker. Thinkful is an educational platform that is specifically for the tech industry. They offer structured, self-paced online learning programs that are mentor-led and project-based. They are specifically for career minded individuals who live busy lives. Their programs are “built to get you a high-paying job in tech.” and they claim that “if you don’t find your new career within six months of graduating, you don’t pay a cent”. This pandemic has raised the ratio of remote jobs in the past few years and the ticket to success lies within it.
- Alison, one of the most comprehensive online course providers, offers free online education.
- While remote work is becoming more popular, there are still many fields don’t allow for an easy transition to a digital office.
- There are many opportunities but it can be a more difficult space to enter into, and its a hot position at many companies .
- You could finally enjoy your working life instead of hating your job.